Product Description & Reviews
Palmaria palmata, or dulse is reddish brown and is accounted a delicacy by many. It has doubtless been harvested for many, many a century but the earliest recording of it is 1400 years ago; St Columba and the monks of Iona ate it. Icelandic peoples also used it from early times. Now it is being cultivated and sold as a gourmet food. In Nova Scotia it is called Sea Parsley. Dulse powder (Rhodymenia palmata) comes from a sea vegetable that has a fine distinct taste of seaweed. Naturally mineral rich, our raw Organic Dulse powder can be easily included in practically any dish. Sprinkle it on entrees, soups and salads. Or add it to smoothies, teas and iced drinks. Our organic Dulse powder comes from the pristine and protected oceans off the east coast of Canada.
Features & Highlights
- TRADITIONAL USES: Dulse, or Palmaria Palmata, is considered a delicacy by many cultures. It has been harvested for 1,400 years. Icelandic peoples also used it in primitive times. In Nova Scotia it is called Sea Parsley.
- NUTRIENT PROPERTIES: Unlike other seaweeds, Dulse is relatively low in sodium. Dulse powder is a natural source of protein, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, including alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, cobalt, lutein, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin, selenium, silicon, sodium, tin, zeaxanthin, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, iodine, manganese, copper, chromium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E and zinc.
- SUGGESTED USE: Take 1/4 teaspoon 1 - 3 times daily. We recommend sprinkling it on top of entrees, soups and salads. To increase flavor and nutritional profile combine with our organic carrot, beet, tomato powders in a smoothie.
- INGREDIENTS: Raw, whole Dulse has the Botanical Name of Palmaria Palmata (also known as dillisk, dilsk, red dulse, sea lettuce flakes, and creathnach) and is used to create our dulse powder. This product is all natural and minimally processed, raw, vegan, gluten-free, chemical-free, non-GMO, certified organic, certified Kosher and contains no preservatives and no additives.
- OPTIMAL FRESHNESS: Our Organic Dulse powder is fresh and raw. It is packaged for you in an airtight, stand-up, tear-resistant, resealable, BPA-free ziplock foil pouch for your convenient storage and to maintain optimum freshness.
|Manufacturer:||Z Natural Foods|
|Brand:||Z Natural Foods|
|Publisher:||Z Natural Foods|
|Studio:||Z Natural Foods|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.