Product Description & Reviews
Cook time 20-25 minutes Kentucky Proud; made in KY from locally sourced grain ground by a 6th generation milling family in their water-powered gristmill Recipe for Basic Cheese Grits Casserole 4 cups water 1 cup grits 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter 1 cup shredded cheese 2 slightly beaten eggs (in a separate bowl) Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to 4 cups water and bring to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 1 cup grits, stir, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. When grits are done, add the butter to the grits and stir or whisk until melted. Then add about 1/2 cup of hot grits to the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly, then immediately add the egg mixture to the pot of hot grits and stir/whisk together. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Pour this mixture into a greased 8 X 8 baking dish and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until lightly browned on top. Refrigerate any leftovers. (This is a basic recipe. Other options might be to add 1 clove of chopped garlic, use 1/2 milk and 1/2 water, or 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 water. You can use any cheese that melts well.) This recipe can be doubled and baked in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
Features & Highlights
- 1 - 2 lb packages Weisenberger Mills Southern White Grits Non GMO. Cook time 20-25 minutes
- Serving size 1/3 cup Servings per pkg 20 The dark spots are the "tip cap" piece of the whole grain kernel, the part where it attaches to the cob and is normal in grits.
- Kentucky Proud; made in KY from locally sourced grain ground by a 6th generation milling family in their water-powered gristmill
- Made from pure sweet Ky corn, old fashioned stone ground. These can be started in a slow cooker the night before.
- Perfect to eat plain or make a casserole (Casserole recipe available in Description)
|Item Size:||5 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.3 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.4 x 4.9 x 4.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.