Product Description & Reviews
DRY - Diastatic (natural barley enzyme still active). Malt Powder an excellent dough enhancer. Diastatic powder, formulated to provide an economical combination of enzymatic activity, sweetness and appealing crust color to baked goods. This product is a blend of malted barley flour, wheat flour and dextrose. It is a sweet, light-colored powder designed for use in all types of yeast-raised doughs. Enzymatic action provides sugars for improved fermentation and mellows the gluten for better oven spring. Supplies carbohydrates, soluble protein and fermentable sugars for flavor and crust color enhancement. Diastatic Powder may be used in place of diastatic syrup to provide the ease of handling with dry ingredient mixing. To obtain an enzyme activity equivalent to that of diastatic syrup, an equal weight of powder should be used. Additional water (approximately 4 ounces per pound of dry malt) can be added.Non-GMO by Bio-CheckedTM
Features & Highlights
- 60 Degrees Lintner - RED STAR Professional Bakers Choice.
- Enzymatic action provides better controlled mixing and machineability.
- Mellows the gluten for a smoother oven-spring.
- Supplies carbohydrates, soluble protein and fermentable sugars for improved fermentation, flavor, and color enhancement.
- Usage: 0.5 to 5 % based on flour weight. Non-GMO by Bio-CheckedTM
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.