Product Description & Reviews
Inspired by regional recipes of the Americas - cornmeal flatbreads, corn pones, and johnnycakes, Effie's Homemade Corncakes are crisp tea biscuits with a homey, toasted-corn flavor and a hint of anise. The New England company was founded in 2007 by friends Joan MacIsaac and Irene Costello. The inspiration for Effie's Homemade comes from Joan's mother, Effie MacLellan, and her traditional farmhouse recipe for Oatcakes. Effie's uses wholesome, all-natural ingredients to create a line of delicious, versatile biscuits and crackers. Made with no preservatives in a facility that also processes eggs, milk, peanuts, soy and tree nuts. Other varieties of Effie's Homemade also available: Oatcakes, Nutcakes, Ryecakes, and Cocoacakes. Try them all!
Features & Highlights
- Slightly sweet and seductively salty, with a masa-flour corn flavor and cornmeal crunch, and a hint of anise. Cooking Light magazine
- A biscuit for tea ... a cracker with cheese ... a cookie as a light and tasty snack.
- Delicious topped with seasonal fruit slices, mild goat cheese or French brie. The hint of anise also makes them the perfect pairing with robust coffee.
- Inspired by regional recipes of the Americas - cornmeal flatbreads, corn pones, and johnnycakes.
- Made with no preservatives. Shelf stable for 12 months.
|Brand:||Effie's Homemade Corncakes|
|Package Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.