Product Description & Reviews
What is Ghee? Ghee (the Sanskrit word for clarified butter) is a central component of Ayurveda, an Indian holistic healing system that dates back thousands of years. It is also commonly used in Middle Eastern cuisine. How is Ghee Made? Ghee is created by melting down cultured butter over the course of several days until only butterfat remains. The result is a unique, highly-nutritious oil with a high smoke point and great taste that is ideal for frying or baking (instead of shortening), as a substitute for less-healthy cooking oils, or in bulletproof coffee. Packaging and Shelf Life We package our ghee in glass jars, so it stays as fresh as possible and is free of any chemicals (like BPA) that may leach from plastic containers. Since the cooking process removes all water content from the ghee, it doesn't need to be refrigerated, even after opening. How To Use Ghee Ghee can be used as a replacement for butter or any cooking oil (e.g. coconut, olive, canola, etc.). It is often used with popcorn, eggs, and rice. It can also be used to sauté vegetables or prepare a steak. Many nutritionists and fitness professionals recommend ghee as an excellent source of energy, good fat, and vitamins. Beyond eating, ghee can also be used directly on the skin as a massage oil, bath oil, moisturizer, or even to sterilize cuts, burns, and scrapes and help the wounds heal. Our Happiness Guarantee We are proud to offer the best ghee on the market today, and we take customer satisfaction very seriously. If you are unhappy with this product for any reason, simply contact us to process a full refund.
Features & Highlights
- ORGANIC AND HEALTHY - Ghee is a central component of Ayurveda, an Indian holistic healing system that dates back thousands of years. This epic ayurvedic food is packed with MCTs, vitamins A, D, E, and K, Omega 3 and 9 (essential fatty acids), butyric acid, phenolic antioxidants, and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The casein, lactose, and protein solids are removed by the heating process, resulting in an easily-digestible product that is perfect for primal diets like paleo or Whole30.
- ZERO CARB AND SUGAR FREE - Contains no gluten, GMOs, sugar, salt, hormones, antibiotics, or artificial flavors. Since this cow ghee, sometimes called desi ghee, is a sugar-free and carb-free product, it is great for people following a ketogenic or keto diet or similar low carb diets. Supercharge your brain and body by using it in recipes along with collagen, bone broth, or XCT oil. Ghee can be used as a replacement for organic grass fed butter or any cooking oil (coconut, olive, canola, etc.)
- HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA - Ghee is created by melting down cultured butter until only butterfat remains. The result is a unique, highly-nutritious oil with a high smoke point and great taste that is ideal for frying or baking (instead of shortening) or as a substitute for less-healthy cooking oils. Our ghee butter is artisan-made in small batches and slowly heated at a low temperature following the ancient method that preserves health benefits and locks in earthy freshness.
- PASTURE RAISED - Why don't we call it 100% grass-fed? Any dairy cow in the USA that primarily eats grasses must have its diet supplemented to consistently produce milk. Although our Northern California Jersey cows are pastured year-round and overwhelmingly grassfed, their diets must sometimes include small quantities of grain. So, in the interest of complete transparency, we do not claim to use 100% grass fed butter.
- DELICIOUS TASTE - Adds a gourmet touch to many dishes. This organic ghee, made from organic butter, is a perfect paleo creamer for bulletproof coffee. Just mix it in along with MCT oil. It has a natural, rich, nutty flavor with just hint of sweet.
|Manufacturer:||Veda Organic Ghee|
|Brand:||Veda Organic Ghee|
|Publisher:||Veda Organic Ghee|
|Studio:||Veda Organic Ghee|
|Item Size:||3 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.