Product Description & Reviews
Pecorino Romano is Italy's oldest cheese, dating back to ancient Roman times. This hard sheep's milk cheese is typically aged for one year and used as a grating cheese. This Pecorino Romano, like most Pecorino Romano made today, is made in Sardinia where land and sheep are abundant.Romano is an integral part of many southern Italian dishes, especially those that include pasta, tomatoes, potatoes, and other vegetables. A bit drier and saltier than northern Italian "Grana" cheeses (Parmigiano Reggiano and Grana Padano), this cheese is excellent grated over pasta dishes but is not recommended as an eating cheese. For an eating Romano, please try our Pecorino Romano Genuino by Lopez, which is still made in Lazio, the region surrounding Rome.Made from pasteurized sheep's milk.Whole form is 45 lbs.We cut and wrap this item by hand.
Features & Highlights
- Ships expedited in a reusable insulated cooler to ensure freshness
- Pecorino Romano is Italy's oldest cheese, dating back to ancient Roman times.
- This hard sheep's milk cheese is typically aged for one year and used as a grating cheese
- Made in Sardinia where land and sheep are abundant
- A bit drier and saltier than northern Italian
|Item Weight:||14 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.